Friday, August 12, 2011

Jko Photography

One of my best friends got invited to show her work at an art show on UCSD's campus a couple of weeks ago for The Band of Artists. The theme of the show was to create a work of art which sparked social awareness and inspires change on the issue. Jessica is an extremely talented photographer, and her entry was a photograph she took which reflects women's limitations in the business world. I really wanted to help get Jess prepared for the show, so I designed her a logo, business cards, and also a small postcard. The postcard has a picture of her piece on the front, and her artist's statement on the back. Not only was she prepared for the show, but her piece was one of the strongest there and really stood out - it was the only piece of photography entered!


Jessica is an aspiring photographer, and has experience doing portraiture, engagement and wedding sessions, and my favorite - recreating old photos. I was always enamored with my grandmother's engagement photo. It was so timeless and really captured her pre-wedding bliss. I wanted to surprise my grandmother, by re-creating the photo and have both of them at the wedding. Jess came down to the train station and we did a shoot. This is what she came up with:



Super talented, right?!
For more information on Jessica, please visit her website at: www.JessicaKostoff.com or contact her to schedule a shoot: Email Jess!



No comments:

Post a Comment