Sunday, October 23, 2011

1 Year Later

One year ago today, I married my best friend. We had a fabulous ceremony and reception, surrounded by our loving family and friends. One year later, it still seems surreal and I can't believe how blessed we have been. I started thinking about our anniversary in August (the planner that I am), and did a little research. 

Each anniversary has a traditional theme, and the first year is paper. Lucky me!! The decision was easy; I wanted to do something very personal with our vows, since we both wrote them ourselves. I decided to recreate them in the same style as our invites, and also add a small informational card stating where the wedding was held, who was there, the date and a few other incidentals. Below is what I came up with...but I can't take all the credit. I got it professionally framed at Michael's, and even with about twelve different coupons it wasn't the cheapest of gifts - though I'd like to think it was worth every penny. I was able to pick out the frame, and the double matte around the vows and photo, tying in the burlap table cloths we had at the reception with the textured tan matte. I even picked one of the photos ABM Photography shot for us of our rings, complete with pumpkins. 


I am so excited to give this to Jon, and what's even better is the in-laws are here for the week too! So the four of us will be able to share the gift together. I couldn't be more happy. Thanks for the memories this last year, (and the years before!) and here's to many, many more. xxxxx