Monday, October 3, 2011

60 Things To Love

My Aunt's birthday is coming up at the end of this month. The big 6-0! She has been such an inspiration to me throughout my life, and I really wanted to make her something that would show how important she has been to our entire family. I had the idea to collect four or five 'favorite things' from members of our family and then list the best 60, one for each year. It took me a few months to collect all the information, but once I did, I came up with the below poster to display them. I have to give a big shout-out to my Uncle Kev for helping to collect all the photos, that line the top and bottom of the piece. 

Aunt Cath lives in downtown DC, and we don't get to see each other very often. Since she was coming out to visit us in San Diego at the end of September, we thought it was the best time to celebrate her big day. Below is a sampling of the gift, and the day.

Here is the actual piece, per many requests from the family. I do hope it's not too small to read. Enjoy!



The day was splendid, and we were blessed with a wonderful sunset: