Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome Back Wallpaper

Awhile back,we bought a bookshelf at ikea to store some of the many books we have collected. It's a great bookshelf. But being an artist, having a plain white bookshelf in my house is really... bothersome. So I have been on this kick to wallpaper the inside of it for probably six months. (Yes, I know, wallpaper went out of style about the same time as avocado green on kitchen appliances - but I was determined!) So I scoured the internet, trying to find the best deal, and then a friend suggested I design my own wallpaper. So I did! I found a couple of graphics and printed the design on a sticker substance called low-tack, which was finished with a matte-laminate. Installing the wallpaper took longer than I thought, and I'm sure Jon hated the fact that he had to take the whole thing apart. But I finally finished it! And my plain-jane-white-bookshelf is not so plain anymore. If you are interested in printing your own wallpaper, contact Speedpro, in San Diego, to get some printed!